Mitchell Auto Group is a proud supporter and contributor to the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Connecticut Memorial Project. Our town of Simsbury will be home to a permanent memorial to Dr. King, and the impact that two summers spent as a young migrant worker on a tobacco farm here in Simsbury had on him and on his later call to ministry.
Along with other prominent donors in our community, we’re helping to realize a dream that began with a documentary produced by a group of Simsbury High School students a year ago.
Construction of the memorial on Hopmeadow Street will benefit our community in numerous ways, including:
- Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s dignity and courage through the memorial’s location at the heart of our town.
- Exposing both Simsbury residents and visitors to our community and state to the powerful story of his time in Connecticut and our community’s role in this story.
- Ensuring that Simsbury residents and students learn the story of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Connecticut.
- Joining the Connecticut Freedom Trail to put Simsbury on the map of Connecticut’s historic journey furthering civil rights and human dignity.
- Increasing the visibility of our community in the state, thereby benefiting residents, local businesses, and our local economy through visitors that the memorial will attract.
- Serving as the “hub” for an annual celebration of the story of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Connecticut and his message of peace and hope.
- Inspiring young members of the community by demonstrating that the deeds of great men and women often begin as early as high school.
- Reflecting our pride in Simsbury and the leadership of our town’s youth.
Please join us to help the MLK in CT Project raise $100,000!
For more information, please visit http://www.mlkinct.com.